Friday, December 29, 2023

The Heavy Load 12/29/2023

 Good Morning,

Sitting at my feet are our two Springer Spaniels and in front of me is a hot cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee. I think it is time to write.

Last week we were visiting in Georgia and our daughter who always plans some great things for us to do, once again did an outstanding job when she took us to a place called Rock City on Lookout Mountain. The scenery was breath taking and some photo opportunities we always just around the next corner. As usual, my mind wandered and I am always looking for a photo to match my thoughts for my daily dribble. I was not let down at all and the one fI have for today fits the message perfectly. 

There is one spot in the hike that has a large slab of stone that is supported by other rock formations. It is not attached to the mountain. It's weight was mentioned and it was in the thousands of tons. I have a photo attached that shows me acting like I am holding it up. If I really were in need of holding that slab up, I would be crushed in an instant. 

Sometimes my friends we all feel like we are carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders and as you can see in my photo their isn't a crowd of people there offering help. No one is cheering me on. Life sometimes has us feeling deserted and alone in our struggles. One thing after another seems to be piling up and making that weight heavier. 

There just comes a time to realize a couple of things. 

1. You aren't alone in your battle.

2. It is time to ask God for help and follow His lead instead of yours. Many times it is our own fault when we are buried in life's rock slides. And many times it isn't our fault. 

If we look at the resume of our lives that we have written for ourselves we can ask God to show us where we went wrong and what the next steps should be. But when we ask in faith we must act on the answer with that same faith. Let God write the resume of our choices from here on forward. 

Lastly cast these cares to the Lord and wait on Him. He can handle the load when we can't.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you. 

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths. 

Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall rune and not be weary. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment