Sunday, December 3, 2023

Not Finished Yet 12/3/2023

 Good Morning,

It is always nice to wake up in the winter and have a hot cup of Door County Naughty or Nice Grog Coffee to warm you up from the inside out. Today is one of those days!

1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 

Last night after we came home from church my wife Rene and I started to hang the lights on our Christmas tree. The lighting project went smoothly and I was pleased as to how the tree looks. We then started in on the ornaments. That is another project. All of our ornaments are non matching. They are a collection of things we have picked up as life goes by for us. Just about everyone of them as a little story or they have a picture on the ornament. The photo is of someone who is important to us and has passed on from this life. We have a few with pictures of the two of us as we traveled here and there. The dogs in our lives past and present are there. We have one of kids from our youth work years. I could go on and on about the ornaments on the tree, but I won't. Rene stayed up late and added ornaments way into the night. I went to bed and got some much needed sleep. Today I will hang strings of buttons on the tree and it will be finished. 

My point for the day is this. Are those buttons important? Not really. But the tree is not complete until that last chore is done. I can't put the ladder away until this project is done. God has given you your life and what you do with it is all up to you. You aren't finished until your final day. Later today we will finish the tree, as to all the ornaments and buttons. We will sit back and say to each other "Nice Job". 

Matthew 25:23 His lord said to him, "well done, good and faithful servant."

What has God shown you to do? Maybe your assignment is or was to raise a brood of children. Maybe you are to use your home as a place of welcome to others. Whatever the task, you aren't finished until all is complete. In the photo I took this morning, you can see the ladder is still out and needs to be put away and stored. Once all the work is done I can do that. But there is another small chore waiting for me to do and I am sure you have a chore list also. Whatever you do, do it so the Lord can look down at you and smile. After all He is not finished with you either.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment