Friday, December 1, 2023

The First Day Of December 12/1/2023

 Good Morning,

The aroma of Door County Candy Cane Coffee is permeating our home and I am just enjoying my first cup of Christmas coffee. 

Last night I took some time to recall some of my 66 Christmas seasons and after enjoying the review in my mind, I came to this conclusion. Every Christmas moment that was special to me was because family was present and such a great time we had. The Christmas days that weren't as wonderful were because of the fact that someone wasn't there. Or I could not be with them. 

John 1:14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son, from the Father, full of grace and truth.

We celebrate the birth of Jesus at Christmas, but it was His birthday that brought all of my family together. One little baby boy still has people assembling and enjoying family time. If I were to ask for a gift this year for Christmas, it would be this. That all families would be able to assemble, forget wrongs and enjoy the gift of family and friends. 

I am dreaming of a great Christmas!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment