Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Prayer From Afar 12/6/2023

 Good Morning.

The world slowed down a little bit this morning just long enough for me to drink a cup of Door County Mistletoe Mocha Coffee and I must say I am enjoying it. 


I started December full of gusto and joy. I was embracing December like none other before. But then I woke up from the captivating dream and the world was still one hot mess. Now it seems that our authorities are worried about terrorist attacks on a level that has them actually telling us to be on the look out. I opened my eyes to see families in turmoil and for no good reason. Selfish attitudes, lack of respect for right and wrong seem to be the constant carol I hear. 

Last night a buddy of mine and I were traveling home from a Bible Study and three cars  traveling at least 100 mph were on the highway and I saw them coming up from behind me. They were weaving in and out of traffic in reckless manners that I haven't seen in a very long time. One of them swerved in front of me, causing me to have to go to the far right , up against a concrete wall. Both of us said "Too close for comfort". 

This morning finds me grateful that we weren't in a tangled mess of steel and tires. 

My point for the day is this. Do what you can to enjoy Christmas. Be careful to protect your families and friends. Protect them from imploding, exploding, and any internal turmoil they are going through. If you are a person of prayer, the best gift you can give to this world and your personal world is to be in prayer. I will be praying for many near and far. 

Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment