Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Back To The Grind 12/26/2023

 Good Morning,

Today has begun with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Irish Cream Coffee. It is time to write. 

Philippians 4:8 Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever is noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things. 


We have enjoyed a nice visit for a few days with our daughter and grandson. And as always there comes a time when you have to pack up and head back home. Today is that day for us. So in an hour or so we will have to say farewell for now and I for one will be planning our next visit in my head. 

It is always nice to visit and so the disappointment of leaving and heading home is a sour taste that doesn't feel good at all. To curb the hurt, I always start planning our return or the family's visit to Wisconsin. Having something to look forward to eases the pain. My plan is not complete at all but has me thinking it through just a little. Each day ahead will have me remembering this last trip as I tell friends about it. But in my heart the next trip will be assembling itself.

My point for the day is this. Visit when you can, those whom you love and make memories to last you through to the next time. Say I love you often and pray for your family. We can't always count on the future visit, but plan ahead and keep those memories fresh and handy.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments: