Friday, December 8, 2023

Making The Dip For A Party 12/8/2023

 Good Morning,

Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee is steaming in the mug next to me and it is time to write. 

Proverbs 24:13 My son, eat honey, for it is good, and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste. 


Tonight my wife Rene and I will be attending a Christmas get together. We asked what we could bring and we were asked to bring some fresh fruit. Rene helped me to decide what we would bring  that could be somewhat festive. So last night I made a bowl of dried strawberry dip. It will be accompanied by fresh strawberries that can be dipped into the mixture. It was so funny when my wife came into the kitchen to survey the mess I had made. I cook and she cleans up the mess. I hadn't really made too much of a mess, which is not always the case. I was placing the final touches on this sweet and aromatic dip. Rene let me know three times just how good the kitchen smelled. I knew then and there that it was a hint for her to lick the mixer beaters when I was finished. I handed Rene her prize and I was told that she couldn't wait for the next day, when she would dip a couple strawberries into the concoction. I asked her if she hung around the kitchen as a kid waiting for her mother to hand out cookie dough samples. There was a big affirmative grin on her face. 

My point for today is this. Sometimes you just have to be a kid again and relive memories of old. I say go for it. There will never be another December 8th 2023 so go ahead and lick the beaters. Share some samples with the kids or grandkids. Take time to enjoy life!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment