Monday, April 17, 2023

When I am Angry With God. I am Really Angry With Myself. 4/17/2023

 Good Morning,

Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee just warmed me up and set my feet on steady ground and I am ready to write. 

I was conversing with a wonderful lady at church yesterday and the subject came up that she is worried about a family member who might be angry with God. I was reading my Bible last night and a daily devotional led me to read Psalm 73. 

I did some soul searching and recalled some times in my life when I was angry with God and found that each of those times had something in common.

1. In many instances my unhappiness, was caused by my own poor choices and my anger was misdirected.  I was really angry with myself and yet to save face to my inner being I blamed God from not rescuing me from the consequences.

2. The second thing on my list that made me at times snarly toward God was my lack of contentment. Jesus was sent to die for my sins. Isn't that enough? How dare I be dissatisfied with life and ask for more? So much awaits us in heaven. But yet there is only One who I need to thank and is the first One I want to see. 

Psalm 73:21 When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, 22. I was senseless and ignorant. I was a brute beast before you. 23. Yet I am always with you. You hold me by my right hand. 24. You guide me with Your counsel. And afterward you take me into glory. 25. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. 26. My flesh and my heart fail , but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

Deep down inside I know that I have no one to blame for most of the troubles I have gone through in life except myself. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment