Saturday, April 15, 2023

Time To Trim The Branches 4/15/2023

 Good Morning,

What a nice week it has been in our part of the world and as I sit drinking a hot cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee I just need to smile and thank God for the warm weather and sunshine He gave us for several days.

John 15:1-4 I am the True Vine and My Father is the Gardener. He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, while very branch that does bear fruit, He prunes, so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit itself, it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. 

It's that time of the year as I wait on the trees in our yard to blossom. I will then survey what branches are actually dead and hopeless. I will be trimming those branches so that new life can sprout from the main limbs. I will be doing that real soon.

The main point to my thoughts today is that we need to be aware that God surveys us like a gardener does his orchard and for our own good cuts away the limbs that rob the good fruit of water and nutrients. As God surveys us he often trims away the things that keep us from being fruitful within the church, our families and our work. 

I can tell you for sure that some of the branches from our trees, (the bad ones being removed) won't be able to protest, object or lobby to stay on the tree. In the same way, when God starts pruning us we are wise to accept the pruning and not fight it. The pruning process gives our trees more access to the sun. God's pruning removes all things that keep us from having a clear view of Jesus His Son

Food for thought. Out comes the saw!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment