Sunday, April 23, 2023

God And The Person. 4/23/2023

 Good Morning,

The Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee is tasting exceptionally good this morning and I find it hard to put the cup down as I write. Lots to look forward to on this fine Sunday. The crock pot is slowly cooking a goose breast so it can be used in making some empanadas later today. 

Last night I spoke in church and the lesson was a hard long look at the 23rd Psalm. What I want to share this morning is just the first verse. 

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. 


Photo Credit Mount Lebanon Lutheran 

The first thing I want to say is this. That verse is one powerful statement. From the Old Testament though the New Testament we see, we find, we can know, that God is relational. He desires to be our God, our Shepherd, our Father, our All In All. On our part it is our choice to make. No one can make that choice for us. We cannot purchase our way through it. We have to make a decision and stake our claim to God as being our God. The choice is never forced on us by God. 

King David made the claim, wrote the statement and it is here for all of us to read. The second part of that verse goes with the rest of the Psalm as it talks about how God provides rest, protection, comfort and necessities. What I find in that statement is this. As much of God as I desire I can have. I will never be cut short by Him on love, His time, protection, guidance, wisdom. peace, correction, joy, and the rest of the fruits that a relationship with God gives us. I will never be able to say that I WANTED more of those things and I never got them. I will never be able to say that I did not get enough. I shall not want! His supply of the gifts of the relationship with God as My Shepherd is never ending. 

So today as you start out and pray, drink a little coffee, take time to say. You Are My Shepherd. You give me all I want of You. Psalm 23. is more than a passage to be read at a funeral. It is a statement of love and celebration. It is your statement to make. 

Have a great day!!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment