Thursday, April 13, 2023

Losing Yourself For A Short Time. 4/13/2023

 Good Morning,

This day began with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee. I am ready to write.

Leviticus 26:12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and you will be my people.

Every now and then the world seems to pile up on your shoulders. I find that when I am overwhelmed with responsibilities, work, or problems, that is the signal for me to go and get lost for a breather. I did not say to run from responsibilities, ignore issues. and quit work. I said get lost from them. Getting lost often implies that one will eventually be found. There are times when I find a secluded trail and just hike where no one else is there. I can sit by my favorite duck hunting spot on a river and just take in air that hasn't been breathed before. Sometimes you just have to "walk it off".

When I am getting lost or walking it off I do pray and ask God to bless my runaway respite. Usually on my walk back I am praying and listening to God. I blew off some steam and filled my lungs with fresh air and knew I could not run from God. I pray and ask Him to walk or run with me. It is an exercise that I do quite often and just being alone with God helps to set me back on the right path. 

Run on!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment