Friday, April 28, 2023

Greatest Form Of Flattery 4/28/2023

 Good Morning,

This Friday finds me with some work to do for my employer. It is an early start and I am looking forward to drinking my first hot cup of Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee. I am pretty sure that will happen in the truck on the way to my job. 

I believe one of the greatest forms of flattery is imitation. When I was a young boy, we would have pick up football games in our neighborhood. Each kid would show up with an oversized shirt with a number on it that had been drawn won it with permanent ink. If you were really blessed and your folks could afford a replica of a professional football league jersey you would assume the identity of your favorite player. My homemade shirt had two numbers. 66 while I was on defense and 15 while I was on offense. These two numbers were from Ray Nitschke and Bart Starr. They were awesome players for the "Glory Years Green Bay Packers". Both players were intense in their own different ways. I believed they were the best and when I stepped into that pick up game I wanted to play like those guys. I felt that imitating their style of play was a form of flattery.

Ephesians 5:1-2 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, as a fragrant offering and a sacrifice to God. 

So if we were to imitate God today, we would need to forgive others, serve others with patience, lead others in a way that glorifies God and ,most of all love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Imitation is a great form of flattery. Try it!

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment