Wednesday, April 26, 2023

If We Only Understood 4/26/2023

 Good Morning,

I woke up to a heavy frost on the ground and it would be most welcome in October ,but I am not to fond of it in April. I just sat down to write after pouring myself a very hot cup of Door County Black And Tan Coffee. It is time to write. 

Psalm 139:14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well. 


One of the things I like about people is the fact that we are all unique. No matter the DNA make up of anyone, no one is the same. We might look like an identical  twin, but no matter the looks we are all different.  For instance, my wife and I both like Italian food, and I like all Mexican food. My wife on the other hand only likes tacos. We have been married for a thousand years and she still surprises me now and then with a view point I did not expect from her. 

The point for the day is that we can travel swiftly through life and not be interrupted by what we don't know, UNLESS we slow down and try to understand other people and where they are coming from. We don't always have to agree on everything, but trying to see where people derive their viewpoint often opens insight into their feelings. This takes some time and we might not understand them fully, but taking the time to understand opens a view of the heart. The time is fully worth the effort and sometimes the investment opens doors and windows that have been closed for years. 

Let someone know you care just by trying to understand their thoughts and feelings. Don't be moving so fast that you miss something important. Try to remember that we all handle what life brings to us differently. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment