Sunday, April 9, 2023

An Easter Thought On The Power It Took. 4/9/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured myself a large cup of Door County Blackberry Shortcake Coffee and it is just what I needed to wake up. 

Today we observe and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This day God raised Him from the dead and was seen by many eye witnesses to be alive. Jesus prophesied many times  that this would be. He came from heaven  to be born in a manger, a birth though a virgin who conceived by the Holy Spirit. He lived as a human, and later  bore our sins on the cross after being beaten and whipped mercilessly. he died on that cross and was buried. 

On what is now known as Easter Sunday the stone which was placed in from of the entry of the tomb rolled away and out from the grave He came. He came from the grave and sits at the right hand of God the Father. 

I have seen my share of dead bodies in my lifetime, lifeless, and wilting. What amazes me is the power of God to raise the dead, roll away a stone and Jesus walked and talked and ate fish by the sea side. Power to put a life back together! It is very easy to end a life and anyone of us can do it. No one but God can restore a life. There is much more power needed to restore a life. God is still in the business of restoring lives. Lives dead in sin or tied to addictions can be saved and resurrected. He can restore families to a loving group. He leads the way to forgive us of our sins. He alone can save a marriage, or carry us through dark times.  Where there was once no hope he brings peace to families. 

There is no way I can do a good enough job of bragging on God. He certainly doesn't need me. I am only here because He came for me many years ago and helped me to put my life back on the tracks. I am not what I was, not yet what I will be, but I am so thankful that I am not what I used to be. I celebrate Easter every day!

Luke 24:5-8 Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying " the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. And they remembered his words. 

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me for I am meek and lowly in heart: For you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden id light.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you. 

God bless you all on the Easter Sunday.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment