Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Spring Sprung 4/16/2023

 Good Morning,

Door County Mocha Mint Coffee filled my cup this morning and it is doing a fine job of warming me up. It is time to write. 

Psalm 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.; You stretch out your hand against the wrath of the enemy. 

Yesterday had a lot of things going on for both my wife and me. Late morning I received a call from a dear old friend. I have known him since the 2nd grade and about once a month we reach out to each other. Our talk usually always consists of bringing each other up to speed on the things going on with us and our families. 

Yesterday was no different except for the fact that he wanted to share news about a huge blessing he received. My friend is a man of prayer and prays for others and his own family. 

He began his news with, "God protected me". He then went on to explain that he was traveling down the interstate and as usual he prayed for safe travels before hitting the highway. While enjoying the great sunshine that day and having a peaceful ride, a car in front of him lost a rear leaf spring. He couldn't avoid driving over it. This large piece of metal pierced the under carriage  of his automobile and  was stuck like a spear in a wild hog with sparks flying and bouncing along the highway. The metal missed all the vital components of the car, like brake lines, fuel lines, radiator, the gas tank, and the transmission. He just said to me. "It pays to pray and God was watching over me." He did say that a service center had a plan to to repair the large hole in the bottom of his car. 

Here's the point, the first thing he did when sharing the story was to praise God for His protection. The second thing he did was to credit prayer and the habit about praying before traveling. He said the large spring was a reminder to pray and praise God for the good and the bad. 

Just some food for thought before I head out on the highway to church.

God bless,

Marty 

1 comment:

  1. As was peached last night, also thank God for the adversity.

    ReplyDelete