Monday, April 3, 2023

A Spoonful Of Sugar Helps The Medicine Go Down 4/3/2023

 Good Morning,

To my right sits a large cup of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and it is time to write. 

Proverbs 16:24 Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. 


In 1964 the Movie Mary Poppins was released and it is now considered a classic. One of the songs in this classic had as part of it's lyrics the phrase "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" . I for some reason had that tune on my mind as I sat down and took some daily medications. They don't taste all that bad, but it is best to wash them down with a drink of water or some other beverage. 

So now as I am ready to face the day, I know that I will encounter a few people. Their view on encountering me is part of their day. We both control how that is going to go. Like the daily medications I take, according to my doctor two of them are not optional. So for instance, my wife Rene will encounter me today. We have a nice home, but it isn't that big where we can't bump into one another. So like her or my daily medicine we are both a daily encounter. It's like your medicine. There are some days that occur in each life when you just are a little perplexed or crabby. And most every day you will encounter people. Just maybe you are a "pill that is hard to swallow" as part of their day. It might be that you are or have been not so easy to deal with. 

So we are all part of someone else's day and it would be nice, if we gave out that daily dose of ourselves and laced it with some sugar. A smile and a warm, friendly greeting, goes a long way to making the rest of the day nice for others. And it also helps them stomach us. 

So shake that sugar tree and be nice, friendly, and approachable. You are a dose of someone else's day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment