Monday, April 10, 2023

A Nice Day For A Visit. 4/10/2023

 Good Morning,

The den in our house is quite comfortable this morning. The house smells like Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and lilies. It is time to write 

Jeremiah 10:6 There is none like you O Lord. You are great and your name is great in might.

Yesterday as we observed Easter Sunday the weather was perfect. A warm spring day, sunshine and a small breeze just added perfection to a great day. We had family visit us and we shared a nice dinner with them. I wasn't really into the dinner as I am recovering from some surgical work on my jaw that took place Friday. But listening to the family banter was entertaining and refreshing. 

Later in the day, I took a ride to visit a dear friend who is residing in a nursing home. She is in rough shape. Her speech is reduced to one syllable at a time. But when the conversation turned to her faith in Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior, she could say his name as clear as a church bell ringing through the neighborhood, loud and proud. What other name is there that can bring a smile to a worn out body? What other name can be said clearly from the bed of a nursing home? 

Do you smile when you hear the name of Jesus? Do you want to talk about Him while struggling in pain? I am so glad I went to visit her yesterday. In that short little visit I saw the power that is just in a name. I don't know what the immediate future will be for my friend. But I know who holds it. 

Have a great week.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment