Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Back Yard Clean Up 4/4/2023

 Good Morning,

The day began with a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and prayer. 

Romans 14:10 Why do you pass judgement on your brother? Or why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that you be not judged. 

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. 

As I get older I seem to recall some more of the statements my parents made and just how right the statements were. Some of the lessons they were teaching us and each other are more than valid today as they were many years ago. Both my mother and dad would say. "Best for everyone to clean up their own back yard before they start cleaning up someone else's."

Paraphrased , Don't gossip or complain about someone else's faults and behaviors until your own faults and behaviors are cleaned up and under control.  

We can get together in a group and tear someone down for their actions and the group will sentence that person in their own minds as "Imperfect". This is a good example of being a hypocrite. To condemn a lifestyle without examining your own is wrong. It was pointed out to me that a guy I know is smacking his wife around at home. He agreed to meet with me and hopefully I can do some good. One of the other men who brought him to me for attention, later ridiculed the man for his behavior. This was right after I asked him how his boy was doing in gymnastics and the reply was this. "Expletive Moron". This man condemned physical abuse but then referred to God's blessing of a son in a vulgar way. I am not condoning either one of those actions, but those who jump to condemning others are often trying to take the view of the world off of themselves. They too have a back yard that needs cleaning up. 

So before we go off on someone and say "How could you do that?" Look into the mirror at that person and say "How come you did that?"

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment