Friday, April 7, 2023

Thoughts For Good Friday 4/7/2023

 Good Morning,

I am prepared to write. The dogs were fed and are already dozing off again. A hot cup of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee is steaming next to me. So let's go.

Today Christians will observe "Good Friday" . This is the day that over 2000 years ago Jesus Christ was put to death on the cross  and died. The cross He bore should have been ours. But yet the loving Jesus took our place willingly so that those who have trusted Him by faith will never see the place called hell. 

For many years now and again today I will look at my life and acknowledge that I am a sinner and basically review that if anyone ever needed a Savior it would be me. So as I look back at my life with humility and shame I can also experience a great wave of thankfulness. I can on the other hand count many blessings around me. But those blessing are in many instances just things. The One blessing that will stand forever, I cannot pay back. I can never lose it, and it stands for eternity. 

Psalm 32:1-2 Blessed the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered, Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and whose spirit is no deceit. 

So yes friends as we observe the day that Jesus paid the price for us all, it might generate feelings of guilt and shame. It also should generate a tidal wave of thankfulness. 

Have a nice quiet day! God bless. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment