Saturday, December 10, 2022

You Don't Send A Representative. You Show Up Yourself 12/9/2022

 Good Morning,

Saturday arrived and it was right on time. We have a funeral to attend today for a friend who went on to heaven. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Christmas Coffee and now it is time to write.

John 3:17 For God did send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 

When we sin, Jesus doesn't rub it in He rubs it out.

Yesterday I wrote about Love being born in a manger. Today I want to celebrate what God did by sending His Son to us. God told us in person that He loved us. Yes God himself with skin did and  showed His love for us. Think of it this way.

If you really want someone to know that you love them, you don’t send a representative. You say it personally. That is what God did at Christmas. 

Can you imagine when I first told my wife Rene that I loved her how impersonal it would have been if I had sent a messenger to tell her instead of doing it myself in person? God wanted the world to know personally, so He put some skin on and came to tell the world.  He came to show us love and for us to learn how to love Him back. Christmas is a time to celebrate God telling us that He loves us.

Food for thought.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Marty, I want to offer sincere condolences on the loss of your friend but knowing that you will see that one again.

    ReplyDelete