Saturday, December 3, 2022

Hark The Herald Angels Sing. Sing For Your Supper12/3/2022

 Good Morning,

I am sitting upstairs in our den listening to the wind howl and next to me are two sleepy English Springer Spaniels. In my mug I have some hot Door County Candy Cane Coffee. That wind is really strong this morning and is making it's presence known. 

Psalm 98:4 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth. Break forth into joyous song and sing praises. 

Tonight several people from our church will walk over to a home for the elderly which is very close to the church. The group will be singing Christmas Carols for the residents of the home. A small bag of gifts will be given to the residents of the home. Once the mission of peace on Earth Good Will To Men is completed they will walk back to our church and then dine on different types of soup , accompanied by crackers and whatever anyone brought to go with the soups. I would not call this a rich mans feast. We have been doing this for many years and it was always designed to have the mission of Christmas Caroling be the main focus, not the meal. I know this group and especially two guys, that if desired could have a prime rib dinner with all the fixings ready for the group, upon their return from spreading good cheer. The soup will be hot and warming to the body, and delicious to say the least. The actions prior to soup time will be warming to the soul, of the residents being visited and the hearts of the carolers will also be lit aglow. 

I would have to say that this tradition that my wife and I started with a few others has been and still is a good way to kick off the month of December. To celebrate Christmas with kind acts is my goal for the month. I am convinced that I don't want to just observe Christmas, I desire to celebrate and pass on the celebration mood to others. Life is too short to not make room for the warmth of Christmas in our hearts. 

Now it is time to hit the kitchen and make the chili and the potato soup I promised for tonight. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment