Saturday, December 17, 2022

Forty Four Years Ago 12/17/2022

 Good Morning,

It is a nice morning to be alive. Armed with some Caramel Pecan Coffee and a lap top it is now time to write.

Forty four years ago I was hunting rabbits and it was getting way too cold and it was also snowing quite hard. I decided to qui and go home. I was hunting with my dad and he seconded the idea to stop for the day. We had a couple of rabbits to skin and that chore awaited us when I went home. 

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful. He has also set eternity in the human heart, yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 

A couple of days earlier the doctor told my wife that it would be a couple more weeks before the baby we were expecting would arrive. So I really never thought that this would be the day our baby would be born. I called home ( pre cell phone days) after I cleaned the rabbits with my dad. I was told to hurry home, "the baby was on it's way". We did not know the gender back then and so I could not call the baby by name until later. 

Not only was it a short labor for mom, but the delivery also went at break neck speed. We were lucky to have gotten to the hospital in time. Remember I was also driving in a snow storm. Shortly after arrival at the hospital I was ushered into a delivery room that looked like an operating room. Things were a little different back then and my wife did not deliver in a room that looked like a suite at the Hilton. I was parked in the corner and advised to watch the delivery from my seat by watching the action in a mirror.  Fairly quickly as I watched and couldn't really see much, a baby came out of my wife and it was announced that we were parents to a "little princess." I was also told to stay seated and not pass out. I was looking a little pale at the moment. A name was asked for and we both spouted Kristy Marie. My life changed forever that day. Mom and Kristy were both healthy and that was my main prayer.

I was a proud papa and for forty four years I have been proud to be called Dad. Kristy arrived into the world in a whirlwind and she still is a whirlwind to this day. I have know idea where she gets her warp speed energy from. But today we are slowing down to celebrate her birthday together and I will be thanking God for forty four years of my baby girl. Hey kiddo. Love you more. Happy birthday.

Marty



 

1 comment: