Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Returning Gifts 12/27/2022

Good Morning,

I am headed out to work this morning and I will have a hot mug of Door County White Christmas Coffee with me in my truck. 

Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are His delight. 


Later today I will be stopping to return a gift I purchased for my wife. When she opened the gift of a sweater vest I could read her eyes and I knew that somehow I blew it again in the gift purchasing arena. Later she thanked me and asked if I minded if she returned it and exchanged it for something else. I asked myself what I would think could be wrong with the gift and then it hit me. In 1002 years of marriage I never saw her wear a vest. Not one time do I recall seeing her in a vest. You would think that I would know better.

My work today will take me near the place where I purchased the gift. I volunteered to do the exchange chore. Now, please don't throw my wife under the bus for being ungrateful or something like that. She was being honest, and I would rather she have something she would wear than for her to not wear it and eventually give it away. Worse yet, she would wear it and not like being in it. Trust me, my feelings weren't hurt and I would rather she be honest than hiding something from me. 

My point for the day is this. The truth in all things is always best. Who knows. I might of assumed she liked it and then purchased another one next year. 

Food for thought. Be honest! 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment