Thursday, December 15, 2022

I Could Hear The Rain 12/15/2022

 Good Morning,

Once again I am writing from our den on the second floor of our home and next to me is a hot cup of Door County Christmas Coffee. The coffee is doing wonders for this old frame. 

Proverbs 16:22 Good sense is a fountain of life to him who has it, but the instruction of fools is folly. 


Last night around 6:pm the wind was quite boisterous and mixed with heavy rain. It could be heard throughout the house. The wind tossed the rain drops up against the siding on the house. This noise sure was a good warning to stay inside, warm and dry. Prior to parking my truck for the night I went to fill it up with gasoline and while there I noticed people pumping gas outside without coats. One person was in shorts and I heard him complaining about how cold it was.

It has to be cold on the body when the temperature is almost cold enough to freeze water and you aren't wearing a coat, hat or long pants. I did for a moment feel sorry for him until I realized that he was driving a car that is priced between $50,000 and $65,000. A guy that can afford a beautiful car like that can surely afford a coat. 

What was lacking here was common sense. Running around in the cold without being properly dressed is just begging to be ill. There is enough illness just floating around out there, so why catch a chill and a cold when you might be able to avoid it? 

Stupid is as stupid does I guess,

Marty

2 comments: