Saturday, December 24, 2022

My Christmas Prayer For You 12/24/2022

 Good Morning,

Today is Christmas Eve and my mug is filled with Door County Jingle Bell Java and my heart is at peace.

Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them. 

Tonight we will observe Christmas Eve at our church and people from all over will be opening presents, visiting friends and relatives, as well as feasting on some special foods. But unfortunately not everyone will be able to do so for one reason or another. For some, they just don't feel like it. Times are tough for them or this is the first Christmas without a loved one whom they miss dearly. They are just not in a festive mood. 

You can place them in a room full of people and they will still feel alone and isolated. I have been in this type of mood myself and it took a couple of years to snap out of it. It took time to heal. During this stretch I had someone say something to me on Christmas Ever that I will never forget. "I know you are hurting. I won't tell you that it is wrong or right. I won't tell you I know the fix for the situation. I will tell you this however. I love you. And you can count on me to pray for you tonight, several times asking God to help you through the night and tomorrow. Also if you are up to it stop over by us and have something to eat." I did not go out that night. I was called into work and I was able to salvage Christmas for a family with a flooded basement. They thanked me for repairing their problem and asked me to eat  some of their Christmas feast. I agreed and before I knew it they were teaching me to sing Christmas songs in Spanish. Don't forget the nurses, plumbers, etc. who might be serving you. Be kind and thankful. Before I could leave they held my hand and prayed for me. I did not understand one word except for Amen. But my heart was touched and I did not feel alone as much as I did before I got there. 

Someone reading this today is feeling the same way that I did many years ago. Someone needs to know they are loved. Someone needs to know they are being prayed for. They might turn your invitation to fellowship down, And you already know they will. But extend the invitation anyway. They might just need to know that you care enough to invite them over. Bring a plate of food to them if they decide to stay in. 

My prayer for you today is for you to be able to recognize someone who is lonely, and in need of a friend. My other prayer is for those who are hurting. I will be praying for you all to find some peace over these next two days and for you to know you are loved.

Merry Christmas. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment