Tuesday, December 6, 2022

When Is It Time To Quit? 12/6/2022

 Good Morning,

Another day is upon us and my to do list is a long one today. My decorated Christmas mug is filled with Door County  Spicy Nut Cracker Coffee. It is time to write.  

John 8:32 And you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free.



Whether it is a job, a project, or a hobby, there is a time to be finished and there comes a time to hang it up completely. I was just wondering how many more years I might be able to keep enjoying hunting. Some day I will have to live off of memories. There comes a time when people retire from work. Some never retire. A project should have a start date and a projected finish date. 

There are times though that we let pride get in the way and we keep at something way too long and we never know to when just let it go. For each of us the object of ego is different, and what drives us to stay at something beyond what is reasonable is different for all.

We need to assess the situation and at times deal with reality. We need to ask "are we wasting our time"? Is this what God wants me to do? Is my obsessive behavior toward this certain thing Biblical? If not that is an immediate STOP. Is what I am doing hurting others? If so. Immediate stop. Is what I am obsessing over hurting me? If so that too is an immediate stop. 

Have you ever considered giving yourself a Christmas present by what you remove from your life? Could you afford to give a loved one a present by what you remove from your life? Some of the best gifts are the things you take away. 

Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment