Friday, December 23, 2022

Time To Melt Your Cold Hearts 12/23/2022

 Good Morning,

I awoke this morning to a super cold house. Some how the door from the garage to the inside of our home blew open last night and the -7 degree air was filling the house. To say the least it was a little frosty in a couple areas of the home. I believe the Mrs. did not secure that back door last night before my night owl gal went to bed. Well no harm, no foul,. It made the Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee taste that much better. 

We are wrapped in the arms of a frigid cold front and I wasn't kidding about those temperatures being below zero. But after some thought, I know what I want to write about this morning. 

Over the next two days and maybe even today, people will possibly be exchanging Christmas gifts to one another. I am all for gifts and cards but my thought for today is this. Give yourself a gift of health. The cold in our house reminded me of what could happen if the water pipes would freeze. Eventually the frozen pipes split and the water lets loose and you can imagine the mess and damage it causes. 

Today there are many hearts which are frozen just like the cold cold ground. They no longer have the warmth of love that a heart needs to be beating fully. I always say that a heart beats best when it beats for others,  There is something today that is keeping you from enjoying a warm heart. It could be the loss of a relative or friend. If this is the case please let me extend my sincere and deepest sympathy to you. It could be a marriage that is rocky to say the least and your heart is filled with despair. Your heart might be frozen with anger and anxiety. Before that frozen heart breaks, give yourself a gift. It is free and isn't hard to do. Look up and pray for your heart to be warmed by the love of God. Let Him fill any voids that this world has left on your heart. Let him heal the hurts and place music in your soul again. 

The love of God is what melts hearts and gives meaning to lives that are frozen and hurt. Let God win the battle for your heart.

2 Samuel 17:10 And even  he who is valiant, whose heart is like the heart of lion will melt completely. 

Isaiah 13:7 Therefore all hands will be limp. Every mans heart will melt.

Psalm 116:13 I will lift up my heart and call on the name of the Lord!

My prayer today is for those who need to have their hearts warmed, will open the gift of a heart that beats for you and invite God in to heal and melt those hearts of ice. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment