Sunday, December 18, 2022

A Piece Of Birthday Cake 12/18/2022

 Good Morning,

I slept in a little too long this morning and it should of felt good but it made me feel a little guilty. I am enjoying a hot cup of peppermint coffee and it is time to write.

Ecclesiastes  3:1 For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. 

I used to work with a hospital administrator who had a good way to look at dessert. Now and then we had meetings over lunch. Most of the meetings at her hospital were planned by her and her assistant. They usually were a cold cut buffet for us to make our own sandwich, There was always some fruit, veggies and chips to go with the sandwich. Last but not least her lunch menu always included some type of sweet dessert with the buffet. Her name was Anne. When I joined that team as a regional member I could not help but notice that Anne would always eat her dessert first. She went right to whatever was for dessert and ate the sweets and had a cup of coffee with it.

One day I asked her about eating that dessert first and she explained the reason. "I get so busy and am often called away from these meetings. I like desserts and I have a better chance of eating the dessert if I do that first. I don't believe that old saying, save the best for last".

I had to agree that it was some pretty sound reasoning and I used to chuckle to myself when I would see her smiling over a piece of pie or a cookie. 

My point for the day is this. Last night we had birthday cake after a fun day and some dinner. Our little family was together and we celebrated our daughter's birthday. I know the cake came at the end of the day, but I felt the day was one big dessert. We played some board games. I sat by a fireplace and checked my eyelids for cracks and my heart was filled with the sweetness of being together. Yes, I enjoyed a big steak dinner, and I knew that a chocolate cake awaited me later. Yet I enjoyed a dessert day all day long filled with joy and contentment. 

So my friends I wish for you this Christmas season to have days filled with dessert. Don't let anything keep you from enjoying the sweetness that Christmas can bring. 

Love to all,

Marty

6 comments:

  1. Marty and Renee, may God bless this time for you and your family and may you all have a Merry and Blessed Christmas , "God bless us everyone".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day, savor each day left with family! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story nice still positively share thank you

    ReplyDelete