Monday, December 26, 2022

Feeding The Birds 12/26/2022

 Good Morning,

My day began after a long night of tossing and turning. This doesn't happen very often for me so my daily blog is running late and my cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee is working overtime now. 

Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some have unknowingly entertained angels. 


A few weeks ago we decided that we have a good spot in our front yard that would be an excellent place to hang a bird feeder. So I purchased and inexpensive one and a bag of bird seed. There are a couple of cardinals that we see now and then and we thought it was time for us to feed the "View". 

The last few days brought us some snow and very cold weather. We were away for a few days last week and returned home to be very busy. For some reason I did not really look out the window and view the bird feeder, I brushed the snow off of it when I was cleaning up after a snow fall but that was it. The feeder had plenty of seeds in it so I just assumed nothing had visited our diner. 

Yesterday morning however, I saw a bunch of very small birds sitting below the bird feeder pecking at the seeds that have fallen from wind. It was easier for them to eat. Later I went out and purposely spilled some seeds onto the concrete block. Within minutes about 15 tiny little birds were eating and playing around. I have no idea what kind of birds these are and I won't be purchasing a book to help me bird watch. But I will continue to keep the feeder filled just to feed those little guys and see just what else might show up at the diner. 

My point for the day is this. Although the cardinals have not come to our home, these little birds have. They will be treated the same and there will be bird feed for all. Never turn away an unexpected guest from your door. It only takes a minute or two to make some coffee and offer to share a cookie or more. 

God bless,

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment