Wednesday, December 14, 2022

I Can Almost See Friday 12/14/2022

 I Good Morning. 

This morning hit hard and I am a little tired to be sure. I just filled my Thermos bottle with Door County Candy Cane Coffee and now it is time to write. 

I am looking forward to seeing our daughter and our grandson on Friday so my mind is already seeing Friday and it is only Wednesday. It is a much needed visit for all of us. We have made some plans and the rest we will play by ear. 

  • “How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” – Psalm 133:1

Most of all we will be together and whether we are eating a feast or toast and coffee my heart will be full of contentment. But as for now I am antsy and can't wait to give them both a big hug. 

To me the number two reason to celebrate Christmas is family and get together as best as we are able to. This also supersedes gathering with friends. God first, family second is the order of importance. I can still recall picking my grandparents up at the Milwaukee train station as they made their annual Christmas visit from Watersmeet Michigan. Fond memories galore for sure. So take time off from work, and make sure to celebrate with family.

You never know when there will be one less at the tree. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment