Monday, December 12, 2022

John Wayne Movies On A Sunday Night. 12/12/2022

 Good Morning,

This morning arrived early for me and it started with a hot cup of Door County Naughty And Nice Grog. It is a new flavor to me and I give it a 5 star rating. 

Proverbs 1:8-9 My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother. 9. For they will be a graceful ornament around your head. 


Photo Credit Encyclopedia Britannica

Last night after things started to slow down a little, I found that I had a little extra time and I began to scroll through the television channels. One of the stations is focusing on John Wayne movies in the month of December. I was able to watch a classic for about an hour and it brought back memories of watching these movies with my dad when I was still living at home many years ago. I have to say that watching these old war or western movies brought back a lot of good memories. Dad would make a big batch of popcorn and we almost knew all of the movie lines by heart. 

My point for today is this. Take a kid to the movies or sit down and watch something with them. You make the popcorn and note that they will enjoy just hanging out with you. My dad used to let me invite a couple of my buddies over for movie night and that time was priceless. 

I went to bed last night with a smile and a few good memories. Make some memories yourself!

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment