Monday, December 19, 2022

God Accepted My Resignation 12/19/2022

 Good Morning.

I just sat down to write and enjoy a hot cup of Snickers Coffee. Happy Monday to all.


Yesterday we visited a church and instead of preaching I was able to sit down and listen.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me all who labor and are heavy  laden, and I will give you rest. 29. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me. For I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

I was glued to the message and in no short time at all, I knew that it wasn't a coincidence that I was there. The message hit me in the heart and once absorbed it eased my mind and soul. I have been very busy and the more I have to do, the more things get added to me. The pastor of the church spoke on Matthew 11:28-30 and he pointed out that some of us in the hall might need to slow down and rest from everything or at least trim down the duties a bit. He went on to say that many people are very tired from carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders and it is ok to let God do His job. As I looked at the list of things on my plate for the next two months I got a little overwhelmed. God tells us to turn over some of the burdens of the world to Him and He will give us rest. I realized that I was butting in on what God does and has no need of my help. In addition He wants to harness me and direct more of the work I do. So yesterday it was very easy for me to submit my resignation as the one who runs the universe and return the duties back to God. Not only did I submit my resignation, but God accepted it!!!

The first things that went were the things I try to control and really have no control over them whatsoever. That burden was released yesterday and my worries were turned over to God. It is amazing that I had to travel and I thought I would be helping our daughter find a new church in the area where she now lives. Instead the message was for me! I felt the weight of the world leave my shoulders and it was much overdue.  Food for thought on this Monday. Some of you are way too busy holding grudges, trying to correct others, and managing the world for others, when you need a break. Resign from being the Keeper of The World.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment