Monday, September 12, 2022

A Little Comfort Food And Some Time 9/12/2022

 Good Morning,

Monday snuck up on me today and I need a hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee to push me toward being productive this morning.  

I have mentioned before that I do over 90% of the cooking in our marriage and it doesn't bother me to do so. I find cooking to be a little relaxing. At times I struggle like many do to keep a variety of meals without getting stuck in a rut and eating the same thing over and over again. I am also sure that the cooks in the family also experience the same answers that I get when I ask my wife what she would like to eat for the week. "Whatever you make will be fine with me". is the answer I receive, which doesn't really help. But last week Rene asked me if I could remember the last time we ate meatloaf and I had to admit that I didn't know. That is her way of saying that she would like some meatloaf. So when I announced that meatloaf was on the menu for last night she was all smiles. Her next question did not surprise me either. She inquired sweetly asking me if I would be staying home to watch the Green Bay Packer football Game. I knew right then and there that something was wrong and she desired her best beloved comfort food  and some of my time needed to be spent with her. 

1st. Corinthians 9:22 I have become all things to all people said Paul, that I might by all means save some. 

I asked her later last night if she was doing ok and she replied that she was ok, but worried about family members who are struggling a little right now. She told me her fears and and just asked that we pray together. She did not want to talk it out, but to pray it out together. To be honest, I am not sure if all that made much difference. I did see her sound asleep in a chair catching up on her rest. She also has had some trouble sleeping. 

So my point for today is this. Know the signals that are sent your way by family or friends. Take time to honor their needs if you can do so. I never thought that a pan of meatloaf combined with prayer could be a sedative for the soul. But in all honesty, know the signals that are sent when people are too proud to just say what is on their minds. Don't be afraid to ask. The flood gates of knowledge just might open and illuminate the thoughts on their heart. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment