Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Hey Hon. Another Year. 9/27/2022

 Good Morning,

A hot mug of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee is sitting next to me as I write today. I have a lot of plans for today. 

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield, in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped, and with my song, I give thanks to Him.


Many, many years ago on September 27th I received the blessing of my wife joining with me in marriage. I knew on our first date that she was special and I wanted to explore where that first date would take us. Our first date was on August 11th and just before Valentines Day 7 months after that first date  I asked her to marry me. We wouldn't finalize that deal until September almost two years later. 

We bought our first modest home the same month right after our wedding and established a plan to purchase some land and build a home some day. Our goal was to be five years, but we had to wait 8 years to see that dream come true. 

I almost lost her one time to a waterborne pathogen that placed her in a coma for three days. What I am trying to say here is this. Although some things had to wait and not all days were filled with sunshine and roses we endured the good and the bad together. The main thing is that our faith in God, although tested quite often sustained this couple through thick and thin. I remember praying at her hospital bedside and not knowing what the next morning would bring or if we were to have another morning together. I found myself thanking God for the seven years we had. I could not imagine those seven years without her. Of course I was praying for her to be healed, but yet I knew that God had blessed me with more than I deserved. 

Today I am thankful for the extended years he has blessed us with, I want to say publicly Thank You Lord I am blessed beyond measure. 

Marty

1 comment:

  1. This does not add up to 1000. Where did those come in?

    ReplyDelete