Sunday, September 4, 2022

Headed To The Field. 9/5/2022

 Good Morning,

What a nice day we had yesterday. A small family get together with my wife's side of the family was held in our home and it was very nice. So today as I write and drink some Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee I will ponder the happenings of yesterday. 

This morning finds me ready to hunt and I will be headed out to meet some good friends and pursue some geese together. It is a fall ritual that I hope I never out grow tired of or get too old to participate. My youngest dog Leo will be going out with me and it will be hard to leave the older one behind. But Leo needs the experience and Gibbs has plenty of that. 

So my goal for today is to enjoy myself, and time with my friends. I will look at this day as a blessing from God and see his handiwork within nature. It's hard to go out and see the things I have seen from the goose blind and not know that there is a God who is greater than all of His creation, The geese honking in the distance is a great reminder as to how great God is. And then to be able to gather with some guys that I have known for a long time is always more than a blessing. 

You see, for me this trip is more than a jaunt into a field and shooting some geese. It is quality time spent in prayer and time spent with my hunting family. 

That coffee in the blind is sure going to taste good. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment