Monday, September 19, 2022

Let The Sun Shine And You Smile. 9/19/2022

 Good Morning,

The day began with an early start and a hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee and a lot of tasks to do. 

Proverbs 13-14 A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is crushed. 


Yesterday our church held it's annual picnic/anniversary celebration. It was well attended and I for one liked seeing a lot of people enjoying a day of sunshine and pleasant weather with family and friends. All week long prior to the day the weather forecasters warned us of the threat of rain on Sunday. When I woke up yesterday it was spitting some rain at our house. My spirit was a little damp when I saw that. 

We had been praying all week long that we would not have the picnic rained out. God granted our request and it did not rain and the sun came out and was shining through the trees. 

We had a small group of folks assembled and our task was to roast the corn, and grill the burgers and hot dogs. A couple of our team members helped to serve the food. They were awesome to work with and they too saw many of the same smiling faces I witnessed. I guess for me, it was the best part just to see the problems and concerns of people stop long enough to gather together and celebrate another year of our church being together. Our church is a non denominational Christian assembly and although financially afloat, not a rich church. But yesterday I saw riches that cannot be measured. I guess you could say I measured the love by the smiling faces. 

So today as you walk about your part of this world, a smile on your face just might be the blessing to another person's day. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment