Friday, September 23, 2022

Three Simple Words. Don't Give Up 9/23/2022

 Good Morning,

What a contrast in weather we are seeing today. It is a clear morning and I can still see the stars on this chilly morning. My cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee is doing double duty as it wakes me up and warms me up. 

Genesis 18:14 Is anything to hard for the Lord to do? 

We come to many crossroads on our journey through life. I see my life as a road that had a start, and it will have an end some day. The road of life is not always a straight one and we have many detours to navigate. I usually find that with actual travels, whenever I come to a detour there just doesn't seem to be enough signs to convince you that you are on the correct road. There always is the temptation to change course and go another route. In many instances for me, all that happens then is that I get lost. I find out that I was just another mile away from getting back on the highway if I had kept going. 

We need to not give up or give in too soon. I have missed out on God's answer to my prayers by giving up and choosing a new route. In one case the answer for a new job, was just days away. I did not know that and I moved on to a secondary choice which was a huge mistake. 

I once was going to take out a loan to cover some debt and make payments easier. I had made an appointment to do so. I agonized about it and was miserable. I did not know that a bonus was coming from an investment I made years before and it arrived just in time. I was able to back out from the loan without any harm. 

Today if your road has health issues in it, don't quit. If today's road finds you lonely, don't quit. If the road seems dark and the nights are too long, don't quit. You might just miss God's answer. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment