Thursday, September 8, 2022

A Sweater To Remember 9/8/2022

 Good Morning,

This day began with a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and some Cheerios smothered in yogurt for breakfast . Come Saturday my breakfast will be a little less boring. 

Yesterday I wrote about how my mother in law at 95 years old won three ribbons in the county fair with her crochet work. I mentioned also that she had constructed a blaze orange sweater for me many years ago so I would be warm while deer hunting. The blaze orange color really stands out in the woods like an orange beacon. that sweater not only keeps me warm but it also keeps me from being shot accidentally. No one could mistake this orange covered hunter for a deer. 


The needle work is quite intricate and once you put that sweater on, you had better be outside in the cold. 

I often do some of my deepest thinking while out in the duck or deer blind. This sweater is actually heavy and the weight is noticeable. But when that wind kicks up and some sleet is in the air I am wrapped in warmth and protection. 

This sweater has reminded me that during some rough times in my life God's arms are wrapped around me and he covers me with His majesty and despite the ravaging storms He stands with me and doesn't leave. 

Psalms 91:4 The Passion Translation  His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you. You can run under His covering of majesty and hide. His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm. 

Something to make you think!

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment