Saturday, September 3, 2022

Words Cannot Always Express How We Feel 9/3/2022

 Good Morning,

Wow! The sound of the Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee brewing in the kitchen woke me up this morning and the aroma has my nose on high alert. I am ready to write. 

Numbers 6:24 -26 The Lord bless you and keep you. 25.Thr Lord make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you. 26. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. 

Have you ever had to say goodbye to someone and just before you speak your eyes start to leak and it becomes hard to swallow. You know that feeling and it is the feeling of sadness. You look the other person in the eye and they are experiencing the same trauma of the heart and words just don't seem to fit the occasion. 

I used to get angry with myself for not being able to say something brilliant or meaningful. I avoided saying goodbye to people and just got busy with leaving. As I ponder life today I am convinced that those tough goodbyes  should not be avoided and no one really expects any brilliance during a time of a hurt in the heart. Make the goodbyes count and make plans for a return if possible. Pass on a hug or a squeeze of the hand. Remember this, your loved one or dear friend is feeling the same way, But don't avoid it that promise of "we will see you soon or again" means a lot to both parties. Try to etch the next visit into the calendar as soon as possible. Once it hits the calendar it is more likely to happen. 

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment