Wednesday, September 14, 2022

There Comes A Time When You Just Have To Give Up 9/14/2022

 Good Morning,

A little different experience with my coffee this morning. Last night my wife had an accident that broke the glass pot on our coffee maker. I had to resort to days of old and use the antique percolator on the stove. I believe this is a lost art! So as I spit out some coffee grounds, it is time to write.

A wise pastor once asked me who I spend most of my time assisting with my ministries at church. I told him about how much time some families were consuming and he asked me if I see any progress with them. I told him that I saw progress with three out of four people. He asked me which one I spent the most time with. I told him "the one with no change or progress" He went on to counsel me and say "only God can tell you when to quit. But don't let pride cause you to stick it out when it is hopeless until this person or persons  want to change. Leave them to their sin and wait to see how they will be broken by the weight of their own foolishness." 

I never really took that message too seriously until just lately when I am constantly losing sleep and much time to people who don't desire to live Biblically and without selfishness within their lives. The wise pastor read to me these verses.  

1 John 3:9-10 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him. and he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil. Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 

Romans 1:21-22, 24  For although they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise they became fools. 24. Then God gave them up to their evil desires. 

Food for thought. Invest your time where you see a return on your efforts. 

Marty


1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me very much like a wise physician giving a prescription.

    ReplyDelete