Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Waiting For Frost 9/21/2022

 Good Morning.

The morning mug is filled with Door County Caramel Apple Coffee and my heart is full of ambition. Let's see how far I can get on coffee and ambition.

Job 37:9-10 From it's chamber comes the whirlwind, and cold from the scattering winds. 10. For by the breath of God Ice is given and broad waters frozen fast. 


The one thing that cures my fall allergies is a hard frost. So each year I eagerly await for the morning that brings some frozen grass for me to walk on. Shortly after that first frost the sneezing, itchy eyes, and runny nose are gone. The leaves begin to fall more rapidly after that frost. The colder weather is the lead horse in drawing us into winter. 

Our yard once green and full of life goes to sleep and hibernates until spring. It has completed a full circle once more. 

So as I await the annual cure, I ponder what might be in store for the winter. Lot's of snow? Below zero temperatures? Unusual warm weather? Only God knows and it will be revealed soon enough. But it is gladdening to be able to see God paint the leaves with color, and let the Earth rest in this part of the land.  Bring on the winter. It always leads to spring.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment