Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Always Amazing 9/7/2022

 Good Morning,

It is really a great way to wake up just by smelling the Door County Chocolate Cherry brewing in the kitchen. There is just a faint residual odor of the apples that were dried yesterday as well. Some people like the aroma of flowers and I guess that is ok as well. But as for me, give me the smell of morning coffee.


1 Peter 4:10 As each has received a gift use it to serve on another. 

Those of you who follow my blog, will know that for the last few months we have been nursing my mother in law back to health after she experienced a fall on the stairs as she was headed to church. It has been a long haul and  her leg is looking much better, but not quite fully healed. Different living arrangements had to be made for her well being and safety. She is now residing in an assisted living facility. That change has been a slow process, because in her mind as anyone of us would feel, "There is no place like home". Her new home has not been fully adopted into her mind and heart. But that too is coming along. I Thank everyone for the prayers for her and our family. 

One of the things that has always amazed me about her is the talent she possesses to crochet beautiful items of usefulness or clothing. I am sitting next to one of the quits she made as a gift for me. Mother always liked to enter some of her crafts, which also were  also baked goods or canned goods into the annual Walworth County Fair competitions. I recall one year when she had entered over 130 items for judging and came home with many award ribbons. This year however, our 95 year old patriarch was laid up during what would be her "season of production." She did manage to have five items completed and was able to enter them right at the deadline. I am here to brag on her a little bit. Three out of the five entries placed in the competition and she took home another three ribbons. 

Very soon it will be getting colder in this part of the world and I will once again need to dress warmer  as I go out to hunt. Mother has equipped me with items of blaze orange or camouflage in color to keep my neck, head and feet warm. I was looking at some of them yesterday and thanked the Lord for the one who made them. One year she made a sweater for me to deer hunt in and I wore it a few times. But I always felt guilty wearing it because of all the hard work and the beauty of the needle work. I was afraid it would receive stains from spilled coffee or deer blood if I was blessed to have harvested one. I will make it a goal to show a photo of the sweater this week. Featured today is the quilt that adorns an old rocking chair. It has been known to leave that chair and warm me up during times of illness and very cold days as I sit in the den writing. 

My point for the day is this. If you possess a talent, share it with others. Very soon when that cold wind is tossing my duck decoys around, my neck, head, and hands will be warm. My heart will be warm also with the thought of the hands that made these beautiful items. Take time to warm some hearts.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment