Thursday, September 22, 2022

A Man Named Marcus 9/22/2022

 Good Morning,

I wish we could all sit down this morning to a cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee with bacon and eggs. I bet the world could get along better if we all ate breakfast together.

Romans 2:13 For it is not hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but doers of the law who will be justified. 


Tuesday evening I was in a hurry to get to our Men's Bible study at church and I was running a couple minutes late. As I pulled out of the driveway toward the city road I could see that a car was limping down the road at the intersection. It was obvious that the left front tire was definitely in need of air. I was ready to turn left and get around this car and head to church but a voice in my head said "what is wrong with you'? I stopped and let the window down on my truck. I waved to the driver and he got out of his car and walked to me. I had him follow me to our house just 100 yards away to our garage and our air compressor.  We introduced ourselves and soon the tire was filled. The young man was named Marcus. He was very surprised to have received help. The closest air compressor at a gas station is one mile away. He would not have made it. Marcus let me know quickly that he had just prayed and asked to be able to make it to the gas station. I laughed and said " I guess He brought the air to you!"

There is a lesson learned here and I am ashamed that I was the one that had to learn it. It didn't say much for me that I was going to drive around someone in distress and especially with something I could help with just to get to church on time. Is it more important to study the Bible or do what it says to do? I do believe the Bible teaches to love thy neighbor, not drive by them while in distress and go to church. 

The lesson was learned. The compressor was put away and I actually still made it on time to church. Marcus and I prayed together in the driveway and shook hands. 

Have a great day. Spread a little kindness. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment