Sunday, July 31, 2022

Not A Day For Holding Back On Prayer. 7/31/2022

 Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee is at my side and it is now time to write. 

I am not much for taking dreams very seriously. However my sleep was interrupted twice last night and the second I woke up there was someone on my mind and my heart. I always consider that a sign to pray for that person and I pray immediately. 

Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said. "Here I am! Send me.!"

I believe that the Holy Spirit places a wake up call on the hearts of those who will pray and maybe follow through with making contact with the person just to see how they are doing and offer encouragement if needed. I feel that those who are prayer warriors are like hospitals with emergency rooms. They are open 24 hours a day and are there to assist with prayer and do whatever is needed at the moment. 

My thought for the day is this. Are you an emergency room? Can you be called upon to pray 24/7 for others. Would you be willing to throw on a pot of coffee in the middle of the night just to talk to a troubled soul? Do others know you are open for business? 

In a crisis people will often say "Where is God"? I say to that. He is next to you right now and He is everywhere. Now those in a crisis often need something tangible to cling to and that is when God works through others and wakes us up or sends us out. He uses the ordinary to do the extraordinary.

Can God count on using you today? Is your emergency room open.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment