Friday, July 8, 2022

Glad To Be Here 7/8/2022

 Good Morning,

My day began with prayer and with joy. I just poured myself a hot mug of Door County Christmas Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live. 13. Also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil, this is God's gift to man. 


Tomorrow we will be attending the wedding of our youngest nephew. In a few weeks we will be attending the wedding of our oldest nephew. One thing about weddings is the fact that many people change their routines and make every effort to attend. This wedding is no doubt one of those that will have a lot of people attending. We are blessed to have our daughter coming home for the weekend and we have been looking forward to this for months. More of our relatives will be coming in from out of town. I being the oldest of this clan look forward to seeing all of them. 

So I said to myself as I anticipate seeing everyone and enjoying the day with them, I for one am glad to be here. The last time some of us gathered together was for a funeral. Those unhappy days also have folks traveling afar to attend out of love and respect for the mourning family. Normally I am not a big wedding guy and I can take them or leave them. But the byproduct of the day will be seeing family and enjoying their company. So for my rough and tough male friends, don't be the guy that stays home and does not attend weddings. Be that guy that has a smile from ear to ear because God assembled the family and it wasn't for a funeral.  I am writing and smiling at the same time. Glad to be here!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment