Saturday, July 2, 2022

Wintry Saturday Thoughts In July 7/2/2022

 Good Morning,

This day began with a small custom I adopted just to bug me wife a little. Her favorite thing to watch on television is the Hallmark channel. The whole month of July is devoted to Christmas movies. They celebrate Christmas in July as well as December. So just to needle her a little I drink some Christmas Coffees and tell her I have been adopted into Hallmark by my coffee choices. I now say good morning to a hot cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java. 

Today I find myself in a mellow mood and I really just wanted to sleep the day away. My thoughts are turned to the Book Of Psalms and I found some solace there in the following verses. 

Psalm 118:4 Let those who fear the Lord say, "His steadfast love endures forever."

There is no doubt that God is to be feared, respected and loved. Yet despite ourselves and the world's ability to surround us with heartache, hurt, and fear. we can know the God still loves us and that love cannot be taken away.  As I move into this three day weekend I am going to remind myself of the presence of God's love and mercy. 

Enjoy the day my friends. Each one is a gift from God.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment