Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Husbands Love Your Wives. 7/20/2022

 Good Morning,

I am enjoying a morning that has some extreme heat headed our way soon. So as I sip on a cup of Door County Irish Cream Coffee it is time to write. 

I have heard some people say that the Bible is too hard to understand and that is the reason they don't read it. There are times when I have had to use a commentary or two to help me with a passage our a book within the Bible, The book of Daniel and the book of Revelation are two that I needed a lot of help with. 

In general though, just having a couple different versions of the Bible is sufficient for my studies and personal growth. I also find that most of the time Scripture is very plain and easy to understand. 

The passage I have chosen for today is very simple and should be understood easily. 

Colossians 3:19. Husbands, love your wives and don not be harsh with them.

Rene and I are headed out to another wedding this coming weekend. Another of our nephews is taking the marital plunge. If I were to give him some advice it would be to read Colossians 3:19 and then apply it by reading more Scripture. 

1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres. 

God clearly states how we are to love our wives. I could reverse this thought and apply it to our wives in return. But today I want to remind the guys that there is no room for being harsh at all with our wives. Those wives who are constantly receiving harsh answers and remarks, or worse, will not find encouragement within their marriage. They will give up on seeking advice and sharing their fears. 

This is not what God intended the marriage union to be. I believe what makes it worse is when there are times of kindness, encouragement, hope and perseverance, that a wife has received and then out of nowhere the man will have an outburst of just the opposite. The man has taken the heart made vulnerable and seeking support and slammed the door on it and stolen another emotion.

Notice, God says to love our wives, which means a multitude of things are included. This is to be 24/7 which does not allow for inconsistency. Yes, everyone has a bad day now and then, but the mark of a man does not bring it home and use it as an excuse to be harsh or mean.

Food for thought.

Marty






No comments:

Post a Comment