Monday, July 25, 2022

The Wedding Feast 7/25/2022

 Good Morning,

I am writing from the comfort of a cool house and as always I have a cup of Door County Coffee with me as I write. Today's flavor is Highlander Grog and it is doing the trick on my sleepy eyes.


I try to write my blog post daily and I usually don't skip writing very often. Yesterday was one of those rare times when I really did not have anything to say, so I rested my brain for a day.

This past weekend my wife Rene and I were able to take in all the weekend had to offer. We were out of town and attended the wedding of my sister's son and his new bride. We surely enjoyed ourselves and were glad to be there. A wedding to remember. It was wonderful to be gathered as family. 

My point is this for the day. Now and then it is needed to rest and celebrate and take some time away. This includes at times a get away from ministry. So yesterday I shut things down to enjoy family, make some new friends and talk with my wife. Our trip to the wedding took us to an antique shop or two and of course for some custard. Rene needed a get away as well and really enjoyed letting her hair down a little. 

As for me, what I enjoyed most was being able to help clean up the after wedding chores as family is supposed to do.  So as I committed a couple of weeks ago to pray weekly for the new husband and wife I added one more set to the prayer list. They will do well and will be blessed in life.

The time spent away and at rest, helped me keep the faith!

1 John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world.  And this is the victory that has overcome the world- our faith.

Have a great week,

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Marty, happy to hear that you got some needed time away, glad you are back. Want you to know, you and Rene are loved.

    ReplyDelete