Saturday, July 9, 2022

Wishing Them Well. 7/9/2022

 Good Morning,

The day began with a late night/early morning prayer. My Coffee will wait until later. But it will be a cup of Door County Highlander Grog and it will accompany a hearty breakfast. 

Today we welcome a new member to the family as our nephew will no longer be a single man but will be married early this afternoon. His bride and he have known each other for a few years and their love has drawn them into matrimony. The day will go from the church to a celebration that we will run into tonight. 

Genesis 2:18 The the Lord God said." It is not good that man should be alone; I will make a helper fit for him." 

Marriage is and has always been a huge step for people and I believe it always will be. Gifts will be given and I am positive my wife has made sure we have one for the couple. I usually always pray for my family members but as of the last few weddings I have attended, I make a commitment to pray for the couple weekly for a year and it is a commitment of love and one I have taken seriously. 

I am sure some of you will be attending weddings this year. How about including the gift of prayer as something the couple will never know happens for them? Keep your eyes and ears open on how their first year is going and how they are doing. Adjust your prayers to meet the needs of that first year. 

I not only wish them well today, my prayers will be with them.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment