Sunday, July 10, 2022

Family Photo 7/10/2022

 Good Morning,

The old coffee maker just finished brewing a hot pot of Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee and not it is time to write. 

Deuteronomy 26:11 And you shall rejoice in all the good that the Lord your God has given you. 


For the last couple of days I have been writing about a wedding in the family and how family was gathering from near and far to celebrate the nuptials of our youngest nephew and his now we can say it wife. It was a grand day and you couldn't have asked for better weather. 

As the reception was winding down last night and before we all headed off in many different directions until we meet again, we had the remnants of our family gather very impromptu and pose for a picture. 5 years ago the photo would have had at least a couple other family members playing a starring role in the celebration. I truly missed those who are no longer with us last night. But instead of counting my losses I said a short prayer of thanks within my heart for what we have left. I was thankful for the fact that in small advances the family size is holding it's own for now and we are in the process of adding more to the group. 

So I danced (very little) and took in all the celebration had to offer in the day and then went to bed last night with a smile on my face. However I did not leave the party physically unscathed. I pulled a muscle laughing very hard at the toast from the best man. That guy doesn't say much but when he does you just never know what will come out of his mouth. His toast to the bride and groom cracked me up and I am still sore. It isn't the worst injury I have experienced in life but it does remind me that this time together was much needed and it was a privilege to be part of a family and this one was ours. 

So my friends, advice for the day. Always gather to celebrate when you can and enjoy family and friends. You never know when the dynamics might change and as you are posing in a photo you miss those who aren't there.

God bless,

Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment