Thursday, July 21, 2022

Happy Consequences 7/21/2022

 Good Morning,

Happy to be here today and enjoying the time spent writing and eating breakfast at the same time. Cheerios covered in blueberry yogurt and a hot cup of Door County Irish Cream Coffee to wash down my breakfast and wake me up.

This picture is of two old friends Fritz and Snoops. Never a cross word between them.

Romans 5:1 Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

This passage has caused me to think. I pray for peace among nations, neighbors, family, and friends. Not that I am at war with any of these, but at times I pray for all of the above.  I place great importance on trying to live in peace, and that at times has been a tall order. 

Going back to Romans 5:1. Those who claim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior by faith have made the most important peace treaty of their lives. Peace with God! Jesus paid the price for our pardon and God is no longer a foe. We are His friends. God is the almighty I AM and not our buddy and deserves our utmost respect, This passage reminds me that God now calls us friends. "Faith with happy consequences" 

John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from the My Father I have made know to you. 

So today as you go about your work, hobbies and free time. Just look up and smile, knowing God calls you friend. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment